Cannot read registry keys under HKLM with UAC enabled on Vista?

Hi,

I have a program that worked successfully for quite some time and just recently it stopped working. I tracked it down to a reading of a registry key located in HKLM\Software where I get an error from the Win32 API `RegOpenKeyEx' which returns with a value of 2 (that is to say there is no such entries). But there is such an entry so this is very puzzling.

What is happening? Why was it working before and not now? The same program works fine under another vista machine which is more or less configured the same way.

Of course disabling UAC works but that's out of the question.

Thanks,
Manu

  • 99 explorer power windows and overdrive switch not working
    ... some time for help repairing my 99 expl. ... settle from reading. ... intermittent operation. ... Then all power windows stopped working. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer)
  • Re: Not reading much SF lately
    ... I stopped working full time in 2002, and started reading novels ... genres for a change of pace. ... Such as Frankenstein, Ivanhoe, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Not reading much SF lately
    ... job is Next by Michael Crichton. ... only focused on reading computer and business books that were related ... I stopped working full time in 2002, and started reading novels ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • VBA - Using the F1 keystroke in the VBE?
    ... Today a project had me reading some old threads where I saw even ... recently some 2003 users complaining about the F1 key no longer works ... stopped working in 2003 for many people, ... it may be a moot point now because you moved on to 2007 or ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Microsoft Office Word has stopped working (2007)
    ... I have Microsoft Ultimate Office 2007 installed on my Vista machine. ... other applications. ... stopped working and it is checking for the problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)