Re: McAfee Malware Not Recognized

Barbwire wrote:

Just got a new laptop and I keep getting an alert from Windows Security
saying no malware protection.....I have McAfee and don't know how to get
the
alert to stop or to get it recognized. Help! Please!

Usually with new computers you need to register the preinstalled security
software. Have you done this? In any case, McAfee is one of the worst
choices for security software you could make (with Norton being another bad
one). My recommendation would be to completely uninstall McAfee and use
something better. Commercially, I like NOD32. For free antivirus software,
I like Avast.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: Persistant attacks
    ... "in computers there are three ways to do ... maybe I'd check connections with nstat -an ... since we aren't concerned with corruption of McAfee files just ... Close the door, Dave. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: OT - anti-virus software
    ... Norton and other A/V licenses from ... Here's a McAfee Total Protection 2010 3 license for $37, ... I was going to renew my A/V before going the absolute free path, ... As for McAfee, I have used the "enclosed" free version on all of the computers I have purchased in the last 3 years until the included portion expired. ...
    (rec.arts.disney.parks)
  • Re: Buggy McAfee update whacks Windows XP PCs
    ... anti-virus software will do it for you. ... McAfee has posted a statement saying that the problem affected "one ... in Rhode Island were forced to suspend treatment of non-trauma ... shut down computers in their patrol cars while technicians tried to ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: mcafee security center
    ... > Is there a way to completely deactivate the automatic mcafee security ... An antivirus is worse than useless without ... If you do not wish to use McAfee, ... Elephant Boy Computers ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Antivirus on intranet network
    ... >"work" computers for analyse and the store the data. ... McAfee VirusScan Enterprise ver 8.0i ... your Workgroup you might want to install McAfee Installation Designer ... b)Get the signatures update file from the McAfee site ...
    (Security-Basics)