Re: Fingerprint reader to reset password?

Old problem I know but I had same problem. Password to log into Admin
account forgotten because used fingerprint reader for months. Options to
change/remove password, password recovery disk and everything else
requires password (which I could not remember) to proceed. I ended up
doing the following.

Accessed admin account via fingerprint reader then created a new user
account with admin priviledges. Logged out of first admin account, (had
to do this twice for some reason.. maybe didn't log out properly) logged
into second account. Selected Control Panel, User accounts, Manage
another account, selected old account, choose remove password from old
account, was given a warning/reminder but no password required. Logged
out of new admin account, into old admin account with no password
required. Added password to original account and all is now well.
Ken

--
TWB Acer laptop

  • Re: Incoming E-Mail - cant create contact in OU
    ... central admin pool different than the web app. ... that account a little (if the web app is compromised or something, ... So I started with giving the app pool account domain admins permissions then ...
  • RE: [Full-disclosure] Flaw in Microsoft Domain Account Caching Allows Local Workstation Admins t
    ... Flaw in Microsoft Domain Account Caching Allows ... Local Workstation Admins to Temporarily Escalate Privileges and Login as ... Cached Domain Admin Accounts ... administrator" is a "bigger" administrator than the local administrator. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Flaw in Microsoft Domain Account Caching Allows Local Workstation Admins t
    ... Flaw in Microsoft Domain Account Caching Allows ... Local Workstation Admins to Temporarily Escalate Privileges and Login as ... Cached Domain Admin Accounts ... administrator" is a "bigger" administrator than the local administrator. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Security Breach in AD! Help!
    ... > about 5 minutes the user was removed from the built in admin group. ... > changed the default domain policy, the default domain controller policy, ... >> auditing of account logon for success and failure and account management ... >> success and failure in Domain Controller Security Policy. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: cant verify disk
    ... She went to DU, and when she pressed "verify disk", it asked her user ... Disk Utility has required an administrator name and password for certain ... This is clearly a task which requires admin privileges, ... seriously mucked up with her user account settings in the NetInfo ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)