Re: Security

"Cave Man" <fjmflynn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:36AB6242-C812-4FB4-B0BF-0EBC654B7F33@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have used computers since 1985,

I have been "computering" since 1970 and have never had a virus.

sort of...

I applied the "scriptlet.typelib/Eyedog" patch when I first heard
about it, and two days later a lady at Microsoft sent me an e-mail
with the kakworm attached. My AV went whoop whoop whoop.

....so I never had the "malware" but my AV did detect malware on
my computer once.

No, wait.

Many times my AV has alerted to malware I knew I had - the opening
of the malware file for the resource (icon) also caused an alert. It was
annoying at first, but I got used to it. So, in almost thirty-nine years I
haven't been infected or infested by malware.

<knocks on wood>

  • =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re:_Empfehlung_f=FCr_Virenscanner?=
    ... Hersteller einen Patch hat, dies ist leider nicht immer rechtzeitig ... zeitlichen Abstand zur Malware. ... ist aber in den allermeisten Fällen bei gängiger Software ... Malware-Scanner geschaltet ist. ...
    (de.comp.security.misc)
  • Re: 13 MASSIVE holes found in Safari...
    ... Security holes are being found in things like ssh all the time -- ... engineer the patch to find out what holes it plugs. ... Most conceivable OS X malware wouldn't. ... Because the Mac is not the world's default platform, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Wird Win9 wieder sicherer?
    ... Aber das man mit Brechern von Betriebssystemen ... Vor allem würde man auf schlapperer Hardware merken wenn Malware merklich das System bremst. ... Andererseits bist du neu entdeckten Schwachstellen deines OSes gerade bei closed source quasi schutzlos ausgeliefert, weil du dich nie darauf verlassen kannst, daß jemand so freundlich ist für dich einen Patch zu schreiben. ...
    (de.comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Is Windows 98 SE More Secure Than OS X?
    ... Thanks for finally admitting that market share is a factor in the lack of malware for the Macintosh. ... Very few have been able to find the weaknesses in Unix. ... Then why does Apple release patch after patch after patch that plugs up a hole that could let someone take over OS X boxes? ... And also the difference between low risk and severe risk? ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool?
    ... >>| seems to prevent my viewing photos (JPGs) in Thumbnail mode. ... The patch is to intercept attempts to reach the dangerous callin ... One reason support techs fear malware, is that a new outbreak can ... clients are likely to be disappointed. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)