Re: Security

Hi
I was using Windows Live One for virus and security and it worked fine
but trying to save the $60 I let it expire and had been using Windows
Defender instead. It was working ok at least it came on when I turned it
on but now it dosen't want to run at all. If I could get it running is
this program good enough for virus and malware etc. or could you
recomend something better to use.
Dan

I am using Vista Home premium.

Even if you can get it working again Windows Defender only provides spyware protection. You will need an additional antivirus program. If you want a free program you can choose from the big free three; Avira, Avast!, AVG.

  • Bobax.C
    ... Other files containing the virus have been ... W32.Bobax.C is a worm that exploits both the LSASS ... While this threat may execute on Windows 95/98/Me/Server ... Virus Definitions * ...
  • Re: Pixelsrvr.exe wont load on bootup
    ... Sounds like you got yourself a virus,. ... Adds the following line to the [windows] section of the Win.ini file: ... antivirus products, including the Symantec AntiVirus and Norton AntiVirus ... Disabling System Restore ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)
  • Re: HELP ON XP RE-INSTALLATION...
    ... > IF I REINSTALL XP ON MY COMPUTER HELP IF I HAVE A VIRUS THAT I CANT ... Don't have an AntiVirus software? ... There are more applications you may need to run to completely clean your ... It will probably save you time and effort in re-installing Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: RE-INSTALLING XP
    ... > IF I REINSTALL XP ON MY COMPUTER HELP IF I HAVE A VIRUS THAT I CANT ... Don't have an AntiVirus software? ... There are more applications you may need to run to completely clean your ... It will probably save you time and effort in re-installing Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Big Bertha Thing blogs
    ... Big Bertha Thing moisture ... but Windows is still down. ... It looks like I picked up a macro virus off a wordperfect attachment ... How can we hold this vision dearer than Thee. ...
    (sci.chem)