Re: One disk is missing in USB Disk

"jakein2008" <jakein2008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:E4B18349-A264-4194-89AA-BA11DCE4C01E@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Richard Urban" wrote:

"jakein2008" <jakein2008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:56986BF0-5520-429F-8965-CCE7B8EC94E5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I connect one removable hard disk to my Vista PC by USB,I can only
see one
disk and another disk is missing from the system, how should I fix
this
problem?

Details! Details! Details!

You don't give enough for anyone to give you a valid response.

How many hard drives are in your system? How many partitions? What
type of
partitions (primary, extended or logical)? Does one of the internal
hard
drives disappear when you plug in a USB drive? What kind of USB drive
is it?

Try again for help.

Hi, thank you for your answer,

My removable disk has 2 partitions, when in another computer I can see
all
the two partitions, but in my vista PC , I can only see one partition,
another one is missing, the internal disk has no problem right now.

So please help me to fix this problem?

Windows only supports a single partition on removable media drives, so
as far as I know you are pretty much out of luck.

--
Zaphod

No matter where you go, there you are!

  • Re: Replace SCSI Drive
    ... from there you can manipulate other hard drives attached to the machine. ... It should 'just work' but watch out that you keep disk devices ... vi-a) Write a BSD partition table into the slice, then set up your required FreeBSD partitions: ... items under the 'Custom Install' to achieve the desired result. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Transfering XP system files into a larger HDD
    ... If both drives are connected, ... If *only* your working drive (the source disk) is connected at the time the computer is running, insert the Acronis bootable CD in your CD/DVD device and shutdown your computer. ... I have the USB external drive in two partitions, one with nothing and the same size as the partition I am using for XP and programs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows RAID
    ... or in a format Windows doesn't understand. ... There has been for a long time now a check box in Disk Management ... Safely remove is for physical devices, not for partitions. ... The most obvious example is when cloning hard drives. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: Windows RAID
    ... It should also work with removable drives ... I haven't tried this with a USB device with multiple partitions, as I don't have one handy, but it would be interesting to see what happens then. ... Of course, you may well ask /why/ someone would want to attach a device and not mount the filesystems on it, or unmount a filesystem without removing the device. ... I use dd to copy the whole partition to an image file on another disk. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: gmirror disks vs partitions
    ... Apart from potentially avoiding a whole disk from being copied ... You divide a couple of identical drives proportionally ... in two partitions each, place a couple of the first ... partitions into gmirror and a couple of the second ...
    (freebsd-stable)