Re: BitLocker - why 1500 MB partition?

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 03:32:20 GMT, "Darrell Gorter[MSFT]" wrote:

Hello Anders,
It's required to allow for backup of the volume.
If the volume size is too small backup cannot take place on that volume,
this would prevent those volumes from being backed up or restored

That's not the original reason given. Nor does that explain why in Win7 the
partition is only 200 MB. The original reason given was that certain
servicing operations, such as patching Office required a certain amount of
free space on the system volume.

--
Paul Adare
MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager

  • Re: SOS Help needed desperately from the experts
    ... Since she clearly didn't do a correct reinstallation of Windows ... regular backup, with backups stored externally to the computer. ... Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP Windows - Shell/User ...
  • Re: NT Backup :KB927073 : Scheduled Backup Fails
    ... "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote: ... I would actually just like the backup to work out of the box ... Why doesn't the GUI/NTbackup schedule work? ...
  • Re: word did not recover my docment i have lost work
    ... True enough, but as the user seems to have completely lost track of the document and was grasping at straws, my aim was to point out one of those straws, i.e., that if backup had been enabled, then it's possible that an earlier version of the file might still be available. ... Herb Tyson MS MVP ... > saved work on it? ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Batch Date and Time Loop
    ... files that are currently stored in the backup directory? ... "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote: ... automaticly runs that backup again. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Batch Date and Time Loop
    ... "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote: ... If i record x has been backed up at 2.28.07 at 9am and then sam changes ... all files that have changed since the last backup. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)