Re: How can I run Office Enterprise 2007 with UAC enabled as a user?

"tim" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

The problem I have is that every time I try to run an Office app it
kicks off
Windows Installer and tries to re-install the component of Office I am
trying
to run. This inevitably fails because it never prompts me to run as
admin,
even though I am logged in as an administator, with the error,
"Microsoft
Office [app] has not been installed for the current user. Please run
setup to
install the application." I click [OK] and the app closes.

Workarounds I have found for this problem are to disable UAC, check
the "Run
as Administrator" box in the file properties of the executeable, and
right
click the executeable and select "Run as Administrator". Does anyone
else
have this problem? If anyone knows how to fix this please post it
here.
Thanks!!!

You might have better luck in one of the MS Office newsgroups, like
microsoft.public.office.misc or microsoft.public.office.setup

Good luck!

--
Zaphod

No matter where you go, there you are!

  • Re: Run VB exes in Win 7
    ... The installer behaves exactly as you state, and which is also how I thought it should work. ... This was obscured by my app being launched at the end of installation and it failed to run. ... To "Run as Administrator", ... You might, however, need to use compatibility UNTIL the app is re-written, or perhaps permanently if the app is no longer supported at all. ...
  • Re: Run VB exes in Win 7
    ... Seems Windows 7 will ... To "Run as Administrator", ... I'm also pretty sure any Windows Installer package, regardless of file name, will get elevated since it can only be an installation. ... some protected areas were not updated by the installer (i.e.: Registry keys used by the app ). ...
  • Re: How can I run Office Enterprise 2007 with UAC enabled as a user?
    ... Windows Installer and tries to re-install the component of Office I ... Office [app] has not been installed for the current user. ... click the executeable and select "Run as Administrator". ... You might have better luck in one of the MS Office newsgroups, ...
  • How can I run Office Enterprise 2007 with UAC enabled as a user?
    ... Windows Installer and tries to re-install the component of Office I am trying ... Office [app] has not been installed for the current user. ... click the executeable and select "Run as Administrator". ...
  • RE: All .msi Installers Fail Silently Unless "runas /user:Administrato
    ... appeared and I have tried everything I can possibly think of with no luck (I ... the problem is I cannot install *anything* that uses Windows Installer ... administrator, so why does running it as Administrator make any difference ...