Re: Windows Update Keeps wanting to install the same patch. KB9443

I have for your another possible solution...
Open "Windows Update" from Control Panel.
Click "Change Settings" and choose "Never check for update ( not recommended
)".
Leave this (new) setting for 1-2 days and then change it back to your
default setting.
Mine is ("Check for update but let me choose whether to download and install
them").
If your issue is still there...
Click Start->Type "cmd", choose CMD ( Run As Administrator ) and type:
sfc /scannow
Check again for updates. If your issue is still there... Hide it.

  • RE: Update KB915597 for windows defender keeps updating in my comp
    ... you can try Method 1 (sfc /scannow) ... merely makes sure that all system files are where they should be. ... I was wondering if Windows Update itself isn't corrupted and thought ... it would probably work if I could uninstall windows update and re install ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: kb896344
    ... Go to Control Panel, Add\Remove programs and click on "Show Updates" ... Only Select KB896344 and install it - It worked for me. ... Restart the computer again ... Go to Contol Panel and run "Windows Update" again ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: kb896344
    ... Go to Control Panel, Add\Remove programs and click on "Show Updates" ... Only Select KB896344 and install it - It worked for me. ... Restart the computer again ... Go to Contol Panel and run "Windows Update" again ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows Logon
    ... ckick a user account, depending upon which Logo setting is being used? ... If this was caused by installing the .Net framework from windows update, go back to windows update for another scan to see if an update to .Net is needed. ... Download and install tweakui for xp and use its auto logon feature. ... Lastly you can add the Dialog box that comes up when running control userpasswords 2 to the Control Panel with the following tweak: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cannot open Theme Settings, Display Settings, Screen Saver Settings, etc
    ... Also i can't open control panel from the button on the start menu ... Have you tried running system file checker (sfc)? ... as in my control panel applets and windows update ...