Re: Firewall for x64 Vista Home Premium

spat61 wrote:
Much to my suprise I quickly found out I can no loner use Zone Alarm for
a firewall. Shouls I be considering the purchase of Norton or McAfee or
just use the Windows built in firewall. Thanks

Vista's built-in firewall is perfectly adequate for most people. While it's not quite up to the ease-of-use standards of Kerio or ZoneAlarm, it has been noticeably improved over WinXP's version.

There are two interfaces for Vistas built-in firewall:

1) A simplified one accessed through the Control Panel that is the only one most people see. To further supplement this view, Sphinx's Vista Firewall Control is a piece of freeware that makes the Vista Firewall much more easily manageable to the average user.

2) And the more advanced "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security (WF.msc), accessed via the Start Menu's Administrative Tools folder, for the experienced user who wants more granular control.

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin

The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot