Re: Firewall for x64 Vista Home Premium

"spat61" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:896bb348a0dafba6afeae9969cf0ec47@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Much to my suprise I quickly found out I can no loner use Zone Alarm for
a firewall. Shouls I be considering the purchase of Norton or McAfee or
just use the Windows built in firewall. Thanks

Two points:

1. In my view. the Norton security software is the worst available and
McAfee is second worst. I strongly recommend staying away from everything
either makes.

2. The built-in Vista firewall is fine.

  • Re: choosing firewall and antivirus: Norton or McAfee ?Something else
    ... McAfee is notorious for screwing up Outlook Express and Norton puts too many hooks into the operating system and is a terrible resource hog. ... criteria for choosing a good firewall and a good antivirus program? ... stealthed the stealth option of little value? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: Please help me with antivirus/firewall software
    ... only antivirus and firewall (if you don’t have ... Norton is a good antivirus, and McAfee is ok firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: (OT) New computer - comments desired
    ... McAfee, Norton, PCillian? ... Have used McAfee successfully for 3 years now. ... Firewall, Registry utility, and a free kitchen sink too. ... for home users (something that I haven't seen Norton or McAfee do to ...
    (rec.games.miniatures.warhammer)
  • Re: (OT) New computer - comments desired
    ... McAfee, Norton, PCillian? ... Have used McAfee successfully for 3 years now. ... Firewall, Registry utility, and a free kitchen sink too. ... for home users (something that I haven't seen Norton or McAfee do to ...
    (rec.games.miniatures.warhammer)
  • Re: Firewall
    ... I would strongly recommend Norton Internet Security 2003 which includes ... ZoneAlarm is good for a free firewall, ... McAfee has had many problems ... Norton Internet Security takes about half an hour to setup but is completely ...