Re: Firewall for x64 Vista Home Premium

"spat61" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:896bb348a0dafba6afeae9969cf0ec47@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Much to my suprise I quickly found out I can no loner use Zone Alarm for
a firewall. Shouls I be considering the purchase of Norton or McAfee or
just use the Windows built in firewall. Thanks

--
spat61

If you have a router with SPI then you only need the one that comes with Vista. Vista advanced firewall settings has outbound protection too but last time I tried messing around with that it blocked Vista's own Windows update software. Brilliant move by Microsoft. :-/

  • Re: Firewall for x64 Vista Home Premium
    ... just use the Windows built in firewall. ... Vista's built-in firewall is perfectly adequate for most people. ... Sphinx's Vista Firewall Control http://sphinx-soft.com/Vista/) is a piece of freeware that makes the Vista Firewall much more easily manageable to the average user. ...
  • Re: Firewall for x64 Vista Home Premium
    ... just use the Windows built in firewall. ... Sphinx's Vista Firewall Control http://sphinx-soft.com/Vista/) is a piece of freeware that makes the Vista Firewall much more easily manageable to the average user. ...
  • Re: Router no longer forwarding on any port
    ... sp2 and it was the windows built in firewall that was causing the ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Microsoft Windows Firewall
    ... Ian Pollard wrote: ... > Gibson Research Shields Up. ... the Windows built in firewall ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)