Re: Can a standard user access the Admin account via Safe Mode?

All,

Appreciate the informative replies. Looks like I have a number of
options to prevent workarounds. I'm _-hoping_- I don't have to do any of
these yet.

I'm still curious about that first established account, though. It's
true the account didn't exist until we got the laptop (as Vista was
already installed) but I've read that any changes to that first account
(e.g. changing it from an admin to standard and creating a new admin)
can create serious problems. Are people really referring to the system
Admin account in these situations?

Thanks,
mgr

--
mgr

  • Re: Incoming E-Mail - cant create contact in OU
    ... central admin pool different than the web app. ... that account a little (if the web app is compromised or something, ... So I started with giving the app pool account domain admins permissions then ...
  • RE: [Full-disclosure] Flaw in Microsoft Domain Account Caching Allows Local Workstation Admins t
    ... Flaw in Microsoft Domain Account Caching Allows ... Local Workstation Admins to Temporarily Escalate Privileges and Login as ... Cached Domain Admin Accounts ... administrator" is a "bigger" administrator than the local administrator. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Flaw in Microsoft Domain Account Caching Allows Local Workstation Admins t
    ... Flaw in Microsoft Domain Account Caching Allows ... Local Workstation Admins to Temporarily Escalate Privileges and Login as ... Cached Domain Admin Accounts ... administrator" is a "bigger" administrator than the local administrator. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Security Breach in AD! Help!
    ... > about 5 minutes the user was removed from the built in admin group. ... > changed the default domain policy, the default domain controller policy, ... >> auditing of account logon for success and failure and account management ... >> success and failure in Domain Controller Security Policy. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: cant verify disk
    ... She went to DU, and when she pressed "verify disk", it asked her user ... Disk Utility has required an administrator name and password for certain ... This is clearly a task which requires admin privileges, ... seriously mucked up with her user account settings in the NetInfo ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)