Can a standard user access the Admin account via Safe Mode?

I have a situation where I want to be the administrator for my son's
laptop, and convert him to a standard (non-admin) account. He originally
set up the laptop, giving himself admin privileges, but he is no longer
allowed to use it in that condition :(

I am now the passworded local admin account (same account used to
install Vista), and AFAIK do not have the system Administrator
(upper-case A) account activated. He has a "standard" account. However,
he is clever, and will try to work-around to get admin access. I've read
the "recover password / activate Admin /etc." links in the forum, and I
have a few questions:

1. Can my local admin account OR the system Admin account be accessed
and altered by a standard user in Safe Mode?

2. Is it possible to block Method 3 (DVD boot for password reset) if
the system is already properly set up for one admin's access?

3. I do not see the "user groups" folder in Comp Mmgt Control Panel to
enable or disable the system Admin account. How can I check its status?

BTW, I'm using Vista Home Basic.

Thanks,
mgr

--
mgr

  • Re: How good is Comodo Internet Security?
    ... Admin account + web browser + LUA token ... admin account opposed of running as iam now, which is JUST PURE admin level? ... While LUA gives added security, ... payload delivered by a buffer overrun (assuming the app was allowed to ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: domain admin account impersontating
    ... i guees that the bottom line is that the domain admin account can be ... with the same username and password. ... Starting with Windows XP this became less simple, ...
  • RE: runas issue
    ... to Power Users per new company policy,so then only one local built-in admin ... user account was at one time an admin account and was changed to power user. ...
  • Re: Virus is getting domain account listing
    ... In 2003 you can change the process ID of the admin account. ... Play with the net user command at your command prompt and see what ... dictionary attack against every single account could happen. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: How to restore Admin account??