Re: Frustrating time trying to sign in here

John, that is fair enough.
But, at least answer the OP's question.
If an OP asks for Newsreader info, I supply it.
--
Mad Mike

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

We all have our opinions Mike; you have yours and I have mine, so we will
have to agree to disagree.

John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

mail/post..

"Mick Murphy" <MickMurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Why, oh why, do you have to post preferences!
That is merely YOUR opinion.

People, like myself, have NO problem with the Web interface.
Learn how to use it properly.
And, before you ask, I have used BOTH ways.

And just answer the OP's question. lol.
--
Mad Mike

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

I have to agree with Gordon, snowbound, the web based community interface
is
useless. I prefer to use the Windows Mail (or Windows Live Mail)
newsgroup
reader.

John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable
for
any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of
the
mail/post..

"Snowbound" <Snowbound@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I must of spent 30 minutes trying to sign in at
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords&lang=en&cr=US&r=89cfc180-b2a6-4c9c-9939-c13a2235ae50

I would sign in to my hotmail yet the system would throw no errors yet
there
would be no ability to post messages. I just happened to stumble over
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.security&cat=en_US_9CA88DDB-D18D-FA0E-A366-6E527B0FBA67&lang=en&cr=US&lc=1033

which allowed me to sign in. I tried several computers all with the
same
result.

.