RE: Frustrating time trying to sign in here

The original link to Vista Discussions IS broken.
After you sign-in, you still can not post, or reply

BUT, the link posted here WORKS.
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

You scroll down the list to: microsoft.public.windows THEN expand it for
Vista Newsgroups

And it works the same as the broken one; sign in via Hotmail Account.
MS emailed me this link months ago, when it 1st happened.

Unfortunatley other posters knock the Web interface, as it is called.
If you know how to use it, it is quite good.
--
Mad Mike

"Snowbound" wrote:

I must of spent 30 minutes trying to sign in at
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords&lang=en&cr=US&r=89cfc180-b2a6-4c9c-9939-c13a2235ae50

I would sign in to my hotmail yet the system would throw no errors yet there
would be no ability to post messages. I just happened to stumble over
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.security&cat=en_US_9CA88DDB-D18D-FA0E-A366-6E527B0FBA67&lang=en&cr=US&lc=1033

which allowed me to sign in. I tried several computers all with the same
result.

  • No longer can connect to Hotmail.......
    ... Outlook 2007 on Vista Ultimate 32 bit........ ... I have a paid hotmail account that I have been happily using for 2 years ... and this bullshit email customer support is simply wasting my time. ... STEER CLEAR OF OFFICE 2007 AND VISTA. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Frustrating time trying to sign in here
    ... After you sign-in, you still can not post, or reply ... Correct and it is not just the Vista Discussion I believe. ... Vista Newsgroups ... And it works the same as the broken one; sign in via Hotmail Account. ...
  • Sign in credentials on Vista
    ... I have Vista Premium PCon home network with XP Pro PC. ... I later tried to change to hotmail and somehow at some point profile became corrupted which I did not figure out until recently. ... I still need a hotmail account however to access some features in a couple of programs. ... Do I need to go into all other programs and change my email address to hotmail (I still use my ISP email in Vista Mail), or can I just put the hotmail address in for the couple of programs that require it? ...
  • RE: Difficulty with forums all day!!!
    ... The original link to Vista Discussions IS broken. ... After you sign-in, you still can not post, or reply ... You scroll down the list to: ... could be such a problem signing on when I know I have been using the correct ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Vista Community web interface doesnt work?