Yahoo! Messenger Security Issue?

Hi,
I have MS Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1.
As IM programs I am using Windows Live Messenger and Yahoo! Messenger 8.1.
I want to know if I am logged-in in Yahoo! Messenger 8.1 and someone is
sending me a *.exe application ( what contains malicious code, as a virus or
rootkit or someting like that ) and I choose to denied the transfer ( to not
accept it ), my computer is vulnerable to a infection??? [even i choose to
denied it ]

What if in the Yahoo! Messenger window i see the application icon and its
name and the Save As or Decline links??? ( if I do no accept ).

Thank You!
[ please! i want a very professional reply, what to make me to trust if CAN
or NOT ]

  • Re: Start up/ Boot questions - order of start!
    ... my Windows Live Messenger ... Windows Live Messenger is NOT in there....any other ... Further Reading on How do I Uninstall Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Critical Errors after a pristine install of OS
    ... this program from my system at next install, i'll find other ways to chat ... I just hope that messenger won't be ... You do not have to update before turning on the Windows XP firewall.. ... Messenger Service, it may indicate that your system is not secure. ...
  • Re: Critical Errors after a pristine install of OS
    ... the firewall is on by default. ... about messenger, i'm so spooked right now that i prefer to ... completely delete this program from my system at next install, ... You do not have to update before turning on the Windows XP ...
  • Re: Critical Errors after a pristine install of OS
    ... Installation of Zonealarm will automatically turn off Windows firewall, ... I just hope that messenger won't be ... reinstalled when i install SP2 or something, ...
  • RE: Pop Up Ads on StartUp
    ... I also tried what you suggested about Windows Messenger but even with all ... It looks like you have the Elite Toolbar malware on your ... > to use HijackThis. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)