Re: Re FREE AVG

I have always had the FREE VERSION AVG anti virus ..and never had any
problems ..however started to have trouble updating it so decided to
just un-install ..sounds simple eh .. un-install and re-install again .
Seems that when i try to install again .. its telling me that I have
another anti virus programme running and reccomends I un-install and
try again . So what do I do now .The HP TOTAL CARE ADVISOR is telling me
my systems security is OK ?

Help appreciated ..I am using windows firewall and WAS using the free
AVG antivirus :huh:..

--
Sounds like the uninstall did not complete properly. As noted try Revo Uninstaller. There may also be an AVG Removal Tool, but I'm not sure - check the developer's website.

  • Re: cloning tool problem
    ... It comes up with a round brush 21. ... I chose the are with the alt click and clone nothing happens. ... not wanting to un-install and re-install. ...
    (alt.graphics.photoshop)
  • Re: Active Sync 4.1 issue
    ... Axim to sync up is if I un-install the program and re-install. ... The Axim is in the cradle, the cable is inserted into the USB port on the ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: Re FREE AVG
    ... just un-install ..sounds simple eh .. ... un-install and re-install again ... Computer Hardware Support Forums of India' ... 'TechArena Community - Technology and Computer Hardware Support ...
  • cloning tool problem
    ... If I open an image in Photoshop and go to use the clone tool with it's ... It comes up with a round brush 21. ... not wanting to un-install and re-install. ...
    (alt.graphics.photoshop)
  • Re: Debugger Users - Access is denied
    ... I was going to try to un-install and re-install ... as suggested but the file "instsrv" is not found on this computer. ... problem I have with this is his Exchange Email account is tied to this logon ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.ide)