Re: Please help, no administrator access!

Rebooting to safe mode solved it for me. In safe mode the Administrator
option was enabled so it allowed me to log in and create and new account
with admin rights that I can use when necessary.

"Nick Thomas" <Nick.Thomas.3htisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:Nick.Thomas.3htisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Has anyone else ran into this problem where as they are running windows
Vista and they have lost their Administator user... And can not enable
the defualt admin user becasue they arent an admin to do so...? I think
I might know who to solve this issue.

--
Nick Thomas

  • Re: I cant log into my own account.
    ... admin, and access the files that way. ... I have not tried logging on in Safe Mode as my Username. ... When I am not in Safe Mode, the option for "Administrator" does not ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP (SP2) user passwords
    ... Safe Mode requires an administrator to log on the machine. ... I always suggest checking who has Admin accounts, ... administrator account, which normally does not appear, and in SP2, I don't ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: I cant log into my own account.
    ... (the content.ie5 one in Local Settings). ... admin, and access the files that way. ... Since you mentioned 'Safe Mode, logon as administrator' --> Can I ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • hard drive looks corrupt unless logged on as admin
    ... safe mode as admin everything looked fine. ... understand being logged on as administrator carries ... all my user settings from before. ...
  • Re: I cant log into my own account.
    ... which I thought was a bit weird since my username IS the ... admin, and access the files that way. ... Do you ACTUALLY logon as "administrator"? ... Since you mentioned 'Safe Mode, logon as administrator' --> Can I assume you ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)