Re: security update problem

1. Boot into Safe Mode.
2. Note the KB number for the update.
3. Uninstall ALL the copies you see in Control Panel/Programs and Features.
4. Reboot in normal mode.
5. Find, download and install the standalone update from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/

Enjoy!

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@xxxxxxxxx

"eyeguy" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:d0973b5336586c874ef86fa800fafb77@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i'm having a problem with an automatic update that keeps appearing daily
even after installing it ~ the udate is ~ SECURITY UPDATE FOR MICROSOFT
XML CORE SERVICE 4.0 SERVICE PACK 2 (KB936181) ~ should I turn off
the auto update function, ALSO I only have service pack 1 installed ~ I
made the mistake of always installing it and now have several copies of
it ~ not sure if there is an error thats causing it or if its operator
error!:rolleyes: any help would be appreciated ~ thanks

--
eyeguy

  • Re: 890830 MSRT keeps wanting to download
    ... Have saved a new 890830 to disk and tried running in safe mode. ... PS I have been using a PC for years but delving in to the registry is a new ... If the tool did not scan the computer successfully, try installing it from ... I have just had a prompt to download updates and guess what it ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • information on where to go
    ... ive recently bought a new dvd burner LG GSA 4120B after installing i cann't ... reboot without going into safe mode and disable the new drive that i have put ...
  • Re: 2.4 GHz System Suddenly Slow - Unnecessary processes?
    ... Run the programs in Safe Mode after assuring you have shut down all running tasks except explorer or systray and all apps are fully up to date. ... After installing Ad-Aware, open it and click on the ref update to get the latest up-to-date ref file, then run Ad-Aware and delete everything it finds. ... Copy HJT to it's own folder, this is where the log files will be saved. ... Read the quick start here on how to create a log file that can be copied/pasted into a forum that can provide assistance on removal of unwanted pests. ...
  • Re: Blue Screen Stop After Installing HP DVD Writer Software
    ... a CD Burner and a DVD ROM drives on one ... > installing the new DVD writer, ... In Safe mode, ... Pxhelp20.sys is a driver used by the HP burning software. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • RE: SP2 hangs at running processes after install step
    ... got a message stating that installing in SAFE mode was not recommended. ... This time I brought up the safe mode window. ... Thanks, Mike, for passing on the solution. ... > updates tab and turn off automatic update). ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)