Window Defender. What is 0x800106ba? Is it important?

Everytime I start, Windows Defender says

Failed to intialize 0x800106ba
A problem caused this program's service to
stop. To start service, restart or search
help and suppot to start it mannually

What is this 0x800106ba? Is it important?:shock:

Restart does not solve this.
Could anyone tell me how to fix it?

--
tomoedinburgh

  • RE: Window Defender. What is 0x800106ba? Is it important?
    ... "tomoedinburgh" wrote: ... Everytime I start, Windows Defender says ... Failed to intialize 0x800106ba ... Restart does not solve this. ...
  • Re: Boot problems
    ... What I do is enter safe mode then do restart and Windows starts normally ... Winpatrol and Windows Defender and that didn't ... AVG-Free AV, AVG-Free Antispyware, Comodo firewall, Mailwasher free, ... in AVG Antivirus and Mailwasher free. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Probs with boot up & disc space
    ... does it gets stuck for ages or sometimes it wont load up so i restart & ... screen has loaded up straight away i get a message sayin low disc space ... avg, spybot, windows defender, disc cleanup, ccleaner & reg cure. ...
  • Re: Windows Defender
    ... restart computer or search Help & Support on how to ... The Windows Defender ...
  • Re: Windows Defender
    ... A problem caused Windows Defender Service to stop. ... restart computer or search Help & Support on how to ...