WHAT KEEPS SHUTTING OFF WINDOWS DEFENDER?

HELLO, I'M HOPING SOMEONE CAN HELP ME, WITH MY PROBLEM. I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA
HOME PREMEUM. I HAVE THE FULL VERSION OF WINDOWS LIVE ONE CARE INSTALLED,
AND I'M WONDERING IF THIS CAN BE CAUSING WINDOWS DEFENDER TO STOP WORKING AND
KEEPS IT CLOSED. I CAN'T UNINSTALL THE DEFENDER BECAUSE THERE IS NOT A
UNINSTALL FOR IT ON ADD AND REMOVE PROGRAMS. ALSO I HAVE TRIED TO REINSTALL
AND UNINSTALL LIVE CARE BUT THIS IS NOT MAKING ANY DIFFERENCE.I ALSO CHECKED
TO SEE IF THE FIREWALL MAYBE BLOCKING IT BUT IT ISN'T DOING THAT BUT WINDOWS
ONECARE USES ITS OWN FIREWALL PLEASE HELP THANK YOU
--
FUNNYFACE

  • Re: xp sp2
    ... Can I uninstall or fix this? ... > Windows XP, I suggest you clean up your system first. ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
  • Re: Startnow?
    ... Locate all of the software (the installation media - CDs, ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... Why you should use a computer firewall.. ... How to Uninstall Programs ...
  • Re: Microsoft Warns of New Windows Flaw (March 19, 2003 )
    ... In WINDOWS SETUP in ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS of Control Panel ... Uninstall Outlook Express, ... Java, Javascript, ActiveX and all the other script runner toys Billy ... Install WebWasher the spammers are terrified of free from ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Microsoft Warns of New Windows Flaw (March 19, 2003 )
    ... In WINDOWS SETUP in ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS of Control Panel ... Uninstall Outlook Express, ... Java, Javascript, ActiveX and all the other script runner toys Billy ... Install WebWasher the spammers are terrified of free from ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Control Panel Add/Remove Programs shuts down pc
    ... When I click on Add/Remove, I can view that screen for about 45 seconds, then ... If you Export the Uninstall key, you can open the .reg file and peruse it ... All that does is remove Installer remnants from the ... don't have it installed under Windows XP ... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)