RE: Can't access my folders after installing windows updates (Oct 20,

"Savvoulidis Iordanis" wrote:

I recently bought a HP notebook with Windows vista home edition. I dowloaded
Windows updates and even though I didn't change any of my account name or
password (I'm the administrator), I'm denied access on more than half the
folders. I tried changing the ownership on a great deal of folders but even
though I checked the otions for the subfolders, it didn't work. It's
impossible to change each folders owner, manualy, but even if I do how do I
know that the next time I download updatew I won't have the same problem?

So, you are saying that you changed ownership on folders so that you could
own them as admin, and after you ran the update, the ownership was changed to
something else?

Was ownership changed to TrustedInstaller?

So maybe Vista or Windows Update set folders to the the TrustedInstaller
account, so that Windows Update would be successful.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa382540(VS.85).aspx

  • Re: Outlook Express Messages
    ... Move them to local folders created for this purpose. ... WinXP SP2 only: Do not attempt to close OE via Task Manager or shutdown your machine if Automatic Compacting is taking place. ... Is the machine fully patched at Windows Update? ... Do you have only one mail account running in OE? ...
  • Re: System size keeps growing......
    ... I will always have a backup system that has them if they're needed. ... Windows XP Update Remover provides a quick and easy way to delete the ... backup files left behind after every Windows update and reclaim ... contents of these folders are only ever needed if you uninstall an ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Cant access all Areas, but I am Administrator...
    ... These folders are normal on an XP setup. ... default Admin account, useful for troubleshooting. ... If using the web interface to access newsgroups, go to the Windows Update ...
  • Re: 0x80072EE7 error
    ... .cab files and the latter has the one. ... Inside the two folders in WuRedir ... ... Could you please do a manual visit to Windows Update once more? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: KB923980 update
    ... Ok, below is the reply I got from Microsoft, and it appears to have worked. ... Thank you for contacting Microsoft Windows Update Support. ... Step 2: Show hidden files, folders, and system files: ... Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files option. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)