Re: Adding XP in another partition users into Vi$ta

Hello,

The common account groups are recognized between installations of Windows (like Users and Administrators).

As long as the administrators group has full control of the file or folder, you can add specific permissions to the object from any Windows installation.

For example, create a folder in XP, and then in Vista add a permission to that folder giving your Vista user account permission.

I STRONGLY CAUTION you to not change the owner of files created in another Windows installation. This could really muck things up.

- JB

"Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)" <toylet.toylet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Oet8mPfLJHA.456@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am dual booting 32-bit XP and 64-bit Vi$ta. I wanna create a folder that's readable by an account of the same name from both XP and Vista.

How should I do it when I boot Vi$ta?

I think I had possibly asked the same question before but I forgot....

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04.1) Linux 2.6.26.6