Re: Adding XP in another partition users into Vi$ta

Hello,

The common account groups are recognized between installations of Windows (like Users and Administrators).

As long as the administrators group has full control of the file or folder, you can add specific permissions to the object from any Windows installation.

For example, create a folder in XP, and then in Vista add a permission to that folder giving your Vista user account permission.

I STRONGLY CAUTION you to not change the owner of files created in another Windows installation. This could really muck things up.

- JB

"Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)" <toylet.toylet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Oet8mPfLJHA.456@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am dual booting 32-bit XP and 64-bit Vi$ta. I wanna create a folder that's readable by an account of the same name from both XP and Vista.

How should I do it when I boot Vi$ta?

I think I had possibly asked the same question before but I forgot....

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04.1) Linux 2.6.26.6

  • Re: XP Wont Log-In; returns Me to Welcome Screen
    ... but doesn't correct the registry damage. ... This is particularly useful if you have an OEM installation ... Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at ... Only now it shows teh desktop, or> rather just the wallpaper, for a split second and then goes to the welcome> screen and shows my account on there like it would if you have numerous> accounts or an account with a password. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • How to access old "My Documents" folder?
    ... I had severe problems with my Windows XP ... installation (I couldn't boot up at all, ... I can see the folder, but when I try to open it I ... The old account ...
  • Re: Files are corrupt or unreadable
    ... My account is a member of the Administrators Group--and only ... the Administrators Group. ... Can't change permissions using xalcs.exe as it can't open the files ... I'm running Windows XP Media Center Edition (posted as Microsoft ...
  • Re: Files are corrupt or unreadable
    ... My account is a member of the Administrators Group--and only ... the Administrators Group. ... Can't change permissions using xalcs.exe as it can't open the files ... I'm running Windows XP Media Center Edition (posted as Microsoft ...
  • Re: Fails to start
    ... > My Windows XP Home PC won't load XP. ... Select the installation by number. ... account with admin privileges you have been using but the built in account ... Here is a link on how to use the Recovery Console. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)