Re: it is sufficient to uninstall Norton Internet Security in the control panel folder??/
- From: "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 08:22:16 -0700
On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 07:47:43 -0500, srishti <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
i have installed Nod32 antivirus in my computer. i have uninstalled
norton internet security program
Good. NOD32 is a much better choice than Norton.
by going into the control panel folder.
is it sufficient?
Apparently not, based on what you say below.
security system shows that currently there are two firewalls present in
my computer- windows and NIS. what am i supposed to do?
Running two software firewalls at once is not a good thing to do. You
achieve no extra protection, you incur the extra overhead of running
two firewalls, and you run the risk (probably small, but not zero) of
conflicts between them.
Follow the instructions of Malke and Kayman to be sure you have
actually removed all the Norton software.
Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
- Prev by Date: Setacl.exe supported in Windows Vista?
- Next by Date: Re: Login process has failed to create the security options dialog
- Previous by thread: Re: it is sufficient to uninstall Norton Internet Security in the control panel folder??/
- Next by thread: Re: it is sufficient to uninstall Norton Internet Security in the control panel folder??/