Re: it is sufficient to uninstall Norton Internet Security in the control panel folder??/

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 07:47:43 -0500, srishti <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

i have installed Nod32 antivirus in my computer. i have uninstalled
norton internet security program

Good. NOD32 is a much better choice than Norton.

by going into the control panel folder.
is it sufficient?

Apparently not, based on what you say below.

security system shows that currently there are two firewalls present in
my computer- windows and NIS. what am i supposed to do?

Running two software firewalls at once is not a good thing to do. You
achieve no extra protection, you incur the extra overhead of running
two firewalls, and you run the risk (probably small, but not zero) of
conflicts between them.

Follow the instructions of Malke and Kayman to be sure you have
actually removed all the Norton software.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup

  • RE: Software Firewalls
    ... Sorry to hear about Sygate.....it was one of the most feature rich programs. ... Norton has improved, but I use combination of ZoneAlarm and TrendMicro. ... Subject: Software Firewalls ... Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes, it does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused by viruses being passed. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: XP Firewall will not enable at system boot
    ... I have WF turned off because I've given McAfee control of the firewall. ... wise to have two software firewalls, although it is OK to have a hardware FW ... >I have Norton Internet Security Personal Firewall, disabled, but Norton ...
  • RE: Software Firewalls
    ... I have been using and recommending it for a couple of years and I have ... Subject: Software Firewalls ... but it was purchased by Norton and has been discontinued. ... Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes, it does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused by viruses being passed. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Software Firewalls
    ... Sygate works wonderfully with NAT ... Subject: Software Firewalls ... but it was purchased by Norton and has been discontinued. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Software Firewalls
    ... Subject: Software Firewalls ... but it was purchased by Norton and has been discontinued. ... No virus found in this outgoing message. ... Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes, it does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused by viruses being passed. ...
    (Security-Basics)