RE: Trend Micro won't clean files

So does the same thing happen when you reboot into Safe Mode to then
eradicate the files?

In safe mode, some of the protective services which these programs use to
ensure that they aren't removed, are not running, so they are easier to
remºve.

Safe mode prevents some, but by no means all--spyware services from running.
It is an excellent way to get started if something is resistant to cleaning
in normal mode, but it may not be all that is needed.

"twc779" wrote:

I deleted them from the quarantine but does anyone know why it wouldn't
delete them? They all didn't exist and some were files I myself made.

--
twc779

  • Re: Massive problem with Windows 2000 and my computer
    ... Reboot your system when ... After doing so, download ... > I went into safe mode and removed all of the "Windows Hot ... presumably because I touched the windows updates. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Inadvertant reboots
    ... I ran antivirus adaware and spybot. ... Antivirus would not run safe mode. ... to change the transparancy setting or zoom the map and bam reboot. ... Choosing recovery actions if Windows stops unexpectedly. ...
  • Re: Windows XP hangs at (start-up) Logo, but will start in safe mo
    ... More than likely it is a driver problem. ... Reboot under Normal. ... Session after reboot into Safe Mode prior to unsetting registry key. ... Once you get Windows XP up and running ... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: No Desktop, No icons, No START, No Taskbar
    ... I've tried to scan in both Safe Mode and Normal Mode. ... Reboot to safe mode again and run all four ... Once there is no malware reported reboot into normal ... and it all has to be done through a cmd prompt from the Task Manager ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: RPC shutdown (not msblast)
    ... Reboot the infected PC into Safe Mode ... Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any System Restore preferences, ... | Her machine then went into a reboot cycle caused by the RPC process | termianting. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)