Re: Can't turn off Windows Defender

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 07:57:02 -0700, Sandy Wood <sandy.wood@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Yes, I was considering that as an option. As we are just beginning to move
towards replacing our XP SP3 fleet of machines with Vista, I'd like to
develop a plan to idealling 'uninstall' Windows Defender before installing
the Forefront Client. That would seem to be the cleanest solution. I suppose
I could set the service to Disabled or create a GPO to disable it but removal
would work the best for us in our environment.

You can disable it (in Administrative Services) but I don't believe
that you can uninstall it in Vista. In XP, yes, but not in Vista.

  • >>>> UNINSTALL VISTA <<<<
    ... How To Uninstall Windows Vista ... Windows Vista Will Not Uninstall Programs ...
    (rec.video.production)
  • Re: How to uninstall Microsoft Office Activation Assistant (2007)?
    ... which I am sure will have the same compatibility issue with Vista again. ... I want to return the laptop and try Mac instead - will it work though? ... Suite is exactly like the mob; when I tried to uninstall it, ... so I can borrow it, make a copy, and install it on the reformatted HD ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • RE: How to uninstall Microsoft Office Activation Assistant (2007)?
    ... cannot install because of error 1913 and the only soluton the very "helpful" ... which I am sure will have the same compatibility issue with Vista again. ... I want to return the laptop and try Mac instead - will it work though? ... Suite is exactly like the mob; when I tried to uninstall it, ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: How to uninstall Microsoft Office Activation Assistant (2007)?
    ... Suite is exactly like the mob; when I tried to uninstall it, ... Vista is supposed to be the most secure Windows, ... so I can borrow it, make a copy, and install it on the reformatted HD using ... I saw KB Q290301 has an installer cleanup utility, ...