RE: Vista Network Location Awareness and DUN

Lots of messages without replies, seems like this isn't a particularly good
resource..

:(

"Remy" wrote:

I have a client who is about to deploy Vista to its business and one of its
legacy desktop apps is a client dialler which uses DUN to connect to server
services. The application works but NLA kicks in upon connection. The users
of the application can only select the PUBLIC profile and what we would like
is to bypass this prompt in the first place since it can only lead to
confusion. I have had a look at the Firewall Policy and can't see anything
there which would allow us to say "whenever this DUN connection is made" or
"whenever a remote interface is connected" apply the public profile without
prompt.

Given that the profile being assigned is the most restrictive I was hoping
there would be a way to bypass the NLA prompt?

All thoughts gratefully received.

Remy

  • Vista Network Location Awareness and DUN
    ... legacy desktop apps is a client dialler which uses DUN to connect to server ... of the application can only select the PUBLIC profile and what we would like ... is to bypass this prompt in the first place since it can only lead to ...
  • Re: Vista Network Location Awareness and DUN
    ... legacy desktop apps is a client dialler which uses DUN to connect to ... The application works but NLA kicks in upon connection. ... is to bypass this prompt in the first place since it can only lead to ...
  • Re: Direct Serial & DUN
    ... I did test DUN a while ago with XPProEmulation image on SP1. ... > connection working on my XPe image but have been unable to. ... > edit the connection later in "network connections" it says that com1 doesn't ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • DUN Fails after standby on laptop
    ... Not sure if anyone has come across this issue before but when using a DUN ... everything works great shutdown the connection then Suspend the laptop (ie do ... Bring the laptop out of suspend and any subsequent attempts to ...
  • Re: Windows Mobile + Verizon - BT DUN QuickConnect Users Please come in!
    ... and have it connect to the internet via bluetooth dun. ... evdo because i dont want to violate any contractual agreements. ... like it cannot sustain a connection for more than a second. ... profiles on my pda isn't sufficient for any kind of DUN. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)