Re: Errors when updating and unable to access hotmail

If you can't access Hotmail, update Vista, nor Defender, than there's a communication issue occurring.

0x80244019 WU_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_NOT_FOUND
HTTP 404 - the server cannot find the requested URI (Uniform Resource Identifier).

Which firewall is being used ?
What is the installed security software [antivirus, security suite, antispyware, etc] ?

You could attempt to install the latest Version of the Windows Update Agent [WUA] with the installed antivirus/3rd party firewall temporarily disabled BUT, if the communication issue is related to the above, the issue will reoccur.

AU Check (v78)
http://www.codeplex.com/aureset/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=17263

Go to the above page, download, and *save* au_check_v78_codeplex.exe .
Once the download completes, close all open browsers and programs.

*** Temporarily disable the installed AV and any 3rd party firewall.
Consult the UserGuide or Help files of the above software or, read this:

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

ENABLE the native Vista firewall as the system will need to be online in order to download the WUA ***

*RIGHT* click au_check_v78_codeplex.exe and choose 'Run as administrator'. Follow the prompts.
Allow some time for the required updating software to install.
Reboot afterwards even if not prompted to.

Reenable the security software and *disable* the native Vista firewall IF another is being used.

See if the system can update now.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Tinamarie2401 wrote:

Both of the errors are that they are unable to update due to the errors
listed above. Error 80244019 is unable to update Microsoft secruity
updates. Error 0x80244019.is unable to update Microsoft Defender
updates.

  • Re: Latest 10 updates failed to install,error code;0x80070005
    ... Security software that *interferes* with the detection, download, and installation of Security updates for an Operating System is absurd. ... The native Windows firewall in conjunction with a hardware firewall found in a wired or wireless router provide sufficient protection for the *vast* majority of Home Users. ... to install updates on Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Lightweight Firewall?
    ... then it can't be due to this security simulation. ... There's no need for any security software at all. ... X Peak firewall is silly. ... It's ridiculous if they don't install any patches, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Service Pack 1 & 2
    ... but enable to install because of service pack 2. ... >> I recently reinstalled Windows XP home on a new hard disk because the ... >> I tried to install service pack 1 but was rejected from doing so. ... > Why you should use a computer firewall.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Feedback solicited - best way to harden a mail/web server?
    ... Was the system protected by a properly configured firewall? ... it's not a bad "starting point" and it can generate an IPtables rule ... > nor is there a web or ftp server; aside from that I haven't tried to secure ... Before I'll install some nifty application ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: I THINK I HAVE A VIRUS MY ANTIVIRUS SCAN WONT EVEN RUN
    ... install some thing ells like ez antivirus or antivier both ahve free triles ... > your computer online - meaning you likely have usernames and passwords ... > Why you should use a computer firewall.. ... > The system restore feature is a new one - first appearing in Windows ...