Re: Why do i always need to "Run as an Admin"?

Hi Shawn,

i did try creating a scheduled task to run my application by any user.
when i log on as an admin it works fine but when i log on as a
standard user it gives the below error

"The operation being requested was not performed because the user has
not logged on to the network.The specified service does not
exist(0x800704DD)"

i have created the task with trigger as "at logon" (at logon by any
user i presume)
and i have enabled "Run only when an user is logged on " in the
Generals tab.

i dont know what i need to do now ...

--
techenthu

  • RE: catch-22 task manager
    ... If you want to logon without having to select the user, you can use TweakUI, ... one of the PowerTools, to automatically logon. ... I don't think that the account that the ... scheduled task is to run has to be logged on at the time the task runs--it ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • RE: Am I seeing an attempted security breach?
    ... Check if there're scheduled task at 13:30. ... if you have any service that starts with specific user credentials rather ... You can also take a look what process is the one indicated by Caller Process ... > Logon Failure: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Scheduled Task forgets its password.
    ... I have read almost all the messages regarding Scheduled Task problems ... The Task should run every 2 hours under a domain administrator account ... logon type at this computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Auto Shutdown
    ... PC is member of Windows Server 2003 AD domain ... Create a scheduled task to shutdown my PC ... I then logon to the PC as user DomainName\John. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Auto Shutdown