Re: Trojan Detected! Please Help!

"loves brad" <loves brad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:09DD6DFD-79FF-4AD5-A46C-BB355112B7D2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"rbhavsar29" wrote:

*Hello,:confused::confused::confused:
I just bought this new HP laptop several months and now its infected
with malware Trojan. A full scan on Windows defender shows that trojan
is detected in some of the .dll files. I deleted 2 files on which it
said trojan was detected. But next time I scanned on Windows Defender,
some other .dll file showed up. Also scan on Bell Sympatico's Anti virus
service, it shows no virus or spywares.
My laptop is very slow than before, and also internet explorer browsers
keep opening and they take me to some random antivirus sites.

Please if you could tell me what to do in getting rid of this Trojan
and make my laptop run as normal. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Rounak * [image:
http://forums.majorgeeks.com/images/smilies/confused.gif]

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
For quite a few people it's by installing programs like Messenger Plus, whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you owe it to the author. See also:
Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. Always choose Custom and see what else is being carried along. Don't install any extras you're not sure of.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

  • Re: sudo without password
    ... question needs some attention and a solution now, ... malware problem hits Linux in a big way. ... trojan does get through. ... People should know that it may be dangerous to install stuff from ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: NAT Router
    ... The only time I've had a Trojan on my PC I became aware of it because Agnitum's Outpost Firewall flagged and blocked it. ... I didn't intentionally install the Trojan. ... was run a scan with "anti-Trojan" software, the same way you would use antivirus or antispyware to remove those kinds of malware. ... Either you know that you have installed it with some software or it must be fairly good to get past AV and PFW. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: sudo without password
    ... malware problem hits Linux in a big way. ... trojan does get through. ... This is not a second line of defense, it's just some kind of intrusion ... People should know that it may be dangerous to install stuff from ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: E-mail virus stuff killing my office
    ... >keep getting hit by these stupid e-mail worms, trojan horses, etc. ... and *every* new malware has a "Day Zero" ... Don't send attachments unless you need to, and if you do, describe ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Equipment Questions - Modem/Router
    ... and notifies you of any program that tries to install itself so that it ... will start when Windows starts (which most malware does). ... BTW, in my remote area, they are the only ISP provider. ... But I found out I may have gotten a Trojan Horse from a site I trusted. ...