Re: Why do i always need to "Run as an Admin"?

"Wayne" <www.scrfix.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I was presuming it was vista compatible because it would run with
UAC turned on.

With UAC on, virtualization is provided for legacy programs.
With UAC off, some legacy programs won't work correctly.

....so a program working with UAC on is not an indication that
the program is Vista compatible.

  • Re: Adding a reference to a COM in VS2008
    ... for fun I turned UAC back on and the library was still visible. ... "Virtualization" in Vista. ... Apart from the file-system redirection for the C:\Windows\ and C:\Program ... Microsoft Online Community Support ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: Permissions Issue
    ... How would I know about detection of legacy problems and virtualization without UAC being enabled? ... without any installation issues, but for the past month I've been having problems with program updates not installing due to access being denied. ...
  • Re: Problem with Vista and VB6, will run under user but not admini
    ... So I would try running it with a manifest. ... If that makes no differences you need to look at the code, perhaps in conjunction with process monitor: ... > We ran a test disabling virtualization from uac and the same thing ... > user worked, admin or UAC off, application no where to be seen except> on ...
  • Re: Major problems with UAC
    ... Nothing works with UAC turned on. ... DACLs should work as before. ... own applications, but how can we get around it for our DLLs that link to ... appropriately, virtualization should not occur. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Manifests and requestedExecutionLevel
    ... it is my topmost-important book to read. ... Unfortunately there is only a single chapter dedicated to UAC and it is ... seems to be a lot missed with respect to OTS elevation and the system policy ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)