Why do i always need to "Run as an Admin"?

Hi,

I have an application which i need to install in the the Program files
and launch at the startup.With UAC enabled, I install it as an
administrator,it works fine and launches at the start up when i log off
and log in again as an admin.But,when i log in as a normal user i have
to always "Run as an Administrator" and provide the admin password for
launching it , which i dont want to do.

When I disable the UAC ,the application does not even start as a normal
user it just says "Applicatoin has stopped working" and gives
System.UnAuthorisedException.

I need the application in the Program files itself and cannot move it
to some other user folder.

I need to know if there is a way to run an application as a normal user
without providing the admin password.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

--
techenthu

  • Re: Why do i always need to "Run as an Admin"?
    ... I have an application which i need to install in the the Program files ... and launch at the startup.With UAC enabled, ... When I disable the UAC,the application does not even start as a normal ... I need to know if there is a way to run an application as a normal user ...
  • Re: Why do i always need to "Run as an Admin"?
    ... I have an application which i need to install in the the Program files ... and launch at the startup.With UAC enabled, ... I need to know if there is a way to run an application as a normal user ...
  • Re: Error after installing new hard drive
    ... will now have to install all of your applications again. ... :I installed a second hard drive and used a disk utility to make the new ... it tries and fails to launch the Setup ... I haven't yet deleted the old program files from the first hard drive. ...
  • Yosemite hot CPU problem
    ... I ran into a performance problem with my test install of Yosemite. ... No clues for the other busy daemons, ... A friend had upgraded to Yosemite on launch day and happened to mention ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: File Summary/ Knowing when a file is created and deleted/ The first program started when windows
    ... > when some program adds files before the windows UI is launched. ... > There are programs that install upon reboot of Windows and before other ... it needs to launch before any other program. ... > Monitor Program would launch and ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)