Re: Windows Security and Newsgroups

" Coogee" <coogee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:BFF33E4A-F5D6-44EB-B7EB-EBE672311285@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have the same accounts set up on my desktop and they work OK. So that's
not the problem. Thanks for replying, though.

Have tou tried creating a new account (Standard User)
and setting up the NNTP account in that user account?
Maybe there's corruption in your admin user account data
or code.

  • Re: Domain users cannot run programs
    ... >>applications on Windows 2000 workstations. ... Because of the higher security in Windows 2000, you may not be able to ... Windows does not let a standard user or guest account run ... you use a Power User account or an account with higher privileges. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Office 2004 - Student and Teacher Edition - and Endnote 8.0
    ... And do try it in a new user account, ... The Win KB did say low memory or disk space can cause the error. ... installed the Office 11.1.1 update as well; and that's in a standard user, ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Confused about [username] folder
    ... I don't know why you aren't seeing your user account under C:\Users. ... you don't have your machine set up in the best way for Vista. ... didn't understand the necessity of running under a Standard user. ... privileges on Vista because the built-in Administrator account (normally ...
  • Re: Restore Desktop
    ... Log into another user account with administrative privileges. ... Log into your new Standard user account once and then log back out into ... accounts such as Administrator, Default, All Users, and Guest. ... accounts should be left alone as they are part of the operating system ...
  • Re: Recycle Bin - User access denied
    ... My advise until I know more about how you have setup your system as to who has user accounts and type of account, logon to each user account and delete what you feel you need to. ... If I was a standard user and had deleted to the recycle bin and later remember I should not have deleted because now I need the file. ... In XP I could manipulate Desktop shortcuts around with Wijndows Explorer looking at all the desktops under Documents and Settings. ...