RE: vista - windows defender won't update

Go ahead and download\update from here

<http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal>

go to the Microsoft address specified, and in the right column, download the
32-bit definitions.

Good luck
-=

"fme008 via WindowsKB.com" wrote:

Hi, I have Vista home premium, My Windows Defender won't update, on the
notification it shows the castle wall with "!" mark. when I go into Windows
Defender, it says "! Check for new definitions." When I click "Check for
updates now," the button just blank out for 10-20 seconds, then it blanks on.
No update or anything, is there a fix to this problem?

NOTE: I have tried "Windows Update error 0x80240029 occurs when you try to
update Windows Defender" -> "Method 2: Rename the SoftwareDistribution folder.
" But it didn't work.

  • update rollup 2 Windows XP Media Center Edition
    ... With some help from Microsoft, I was able to finally download this update. ... that were uninstalled,will be added back with Priority updates,and alot ... GOOD LUCK! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: SP2
    ... Good luck, been trying all day, and as is typical with Microsoft the ... download keeps aborting. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: RTHDCPL.EXE - Illegal System DLL relocation.
    ... Download the patch from 'Microsoft' ... Good luck! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Vista update error code 80072EE2
    ... Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site ... Windows Update Error 80072efd ... If you are not using the Windows Firewall and are using a 3rd party Firewall, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Vista update KB950582 fails to install
    ... Windows Update Error 80200010 ... "Reveal which formula causing true result" ... removing the old download file from from ... | %windir%/SoftwareDistribution downloads folder system had to be restored. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)