RE: vista - windows defender won't update

Go ahead and download\update from here

go to the Microsoft address specified, and in the right column, download the
32-bit definitions.

Good luck

"fme008 via" wrote:

Hi, I have Vista home premium, My Windows Defender won't update, on the
notification it shows the castle wall with "!" mark. when I go into Windows
Defender, it says "! Check for new definitions." When I click "Check for
updates now," the button just blank out for 10-20 seconds, then it blanks on.
No update or anything, is there a fix to this problem?

NOTE: I have tried "Windows Update error 0x80240029 occurs when you try to
update Windows Defender" -> "Method 2: Rename the SoftwareDistribution folder.
" But it didn't work.

Message posted via