Re: Windows Security and Newsgroups

<double sigh> You are both right and both wrong.

Paul - yeah, depending on your service, you put a username and password into the MODEM. My DSL modem/router certainly does have a place to put my username and password and if I don't put them in there it won't connect.

Gordon - yeah, that's true for DSL ... but for CABLE modems, there is no place to put a username and password, the MAC address controls whether or not you can access the Internet.

So both of you may wish to consider that your view depends entirely on the direction one is looking in. ;-)

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@xxxxxxxxx