Re: Windows Security and Newsgroups

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 07:22:28 +0100, Gordon wrote:

I think you'll find, even in the Colonies, that the Router set-up will
contain a User name and Password - how otherwise would the ISP control who
uses it's services?

And you'd be wrong. Access is typically controlled by restricting the
subnet from which access can be gained to those subnets controlled by the
ISP in question. While there are some ISPs that use PPOE most are simply
direct connect with no user name or password required.

--
Paul Adare
MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager

  • Re: Hidden Text Field Occasionally Missing Data on Postback
    ... by the ISP that were issued after the 1.1. ... 'Lets PreRender know that a control event caused postback ... for repositioning logic executed on the server postback. ...
  • Re: [fw-wiz] The home user problem returns
    ... > Mason, I do not think Marcus was beating up on you personally, and I ... that of a tech within an ISP. ... you have no control over, your solution is doomed to failure. ... have control over and those that are cooperating, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Equipment Questions - Modem/Router
    ... I did purchase my own router and have set ... combo I had been renting from my ISP. ... control of my own system either. ... We are considering buying our own equipment. ...
  • Re: Hidden Text Field Occasionally Missing Data on Postback
    ... by the ISP that were issued after the 1.1. ... 'Lets PreRender know that a control event caused postback ... somehow is causing this intermittent problem. ...
  • Re: password protect web files
    ... the ISP can control this by setting the security on you directory under ... then the web server will ask for a username/password before allow ... the browser to access the file. ...
    (comp.security.misc)