Re: Windows security Alerts

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/default.aspx

Go to the above page and download the latest defs from the links under
' Latest Definition Updates ' and *save* it.
Once the download completes close all open programs and browsers.
Now install the downloaded defs by running mpas-fe.exe [32-bit, x86 versions of Vista].
Did that get the defs installed ?

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

WaynwS wrote:

I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 installed. A couple of days ago, the Windows security Alerts is on and Windows Security Center showed Windows Defender is out of date. but after manual update, I received a message: "There are no new definitions available to download for Windows." In Windows Defender, it states Real-time protection is on and Definition version is 1.43.73.0 created on 9/4/2008.
I have tried someone's solution that posted in here by running verify repository, but after I run winmgmt / verifyrepository, system responded "WMI repository is consistent". So should I still run winmgmt /salvagerepository at this point? Is there other way can fix this problem? I had tried to search on the Microsoft website for answer with no success. Could anybody help?

Wayne S

  • RE: Lost My Desktop
    ... Some of this does not apply if you have Windows XP SP2. ... Make sure of these settings and nothing will install without you ... Enable Install On Demand (Internet Explorer) ... [[Specifies to automatically download and install Web components if a Web ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Spyware possible being on one account and not the other
    ... > the browser in the guest account is jacked to some site. ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... If you want to know when one of your applications is trying to obtain ... are pay - some you can only download if you are registered - but it is best ...
  • Re: 16 Bit Error
    ... Something was wrong with the download. ... was just lumped in with whatever the Repair Install did. ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ... sure that the directory path exists, and disk space is available. ...
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: why /var/run and /run these two directories have absolutely the same contents?
    ... look and feel to Windows anyway; ... all or specific folders to download from the IMAP server to a local ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: FTC Complaint filed
    ... There is no way to limit what M$ wants to install on your system because they hide the descriptions, ... And they don't need that particular download at all to put more copy protection code on your pc. ... I have long said, in my opinion and pre-Vista, that Windows 95 was the best OS Microsoft ever made. ... should be with your PCB software maker. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)