UNC connections & Vista...

I don't have a Vista machine in front of me, but is there a new issue with
connecting using unc paths like \\computername\c$ now in Visa? Even when
trying to do it from Vista to an XP machine seems troubling.

They are both non-domain members. May be different in a domain environment.

  • Unable to access website in Vista with IE7 or Firefox
    ... On his new Vista machine ... Firefox---the problem persists. ... comes up and says connecting to site: ... It always works on XP though with IE7 or Firefox. ...
  • Re: Shared Network Printer - Cant Connect From Vista Machine
    ... I'm trying to connect over my wireless network to an Epson 1410 printer that is connected via usb to an Acer netbook that came with XP Home. ... The network is set to "Private" on the Vista machine. ... Other than trying to connect with User Access Control turned off I haven't found a solution. ... I had no trouble connecting to this printer from my previous computer that was running XP Pro. ...
  • Re: Vista to Vista RDC problem, The logon attempt failed.
    ... All 3 computers are in the same workgroup. ... ONE VISTA MACHINE IS UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE OTHER VISTA MACHINE VIA ... RDC OR ADMINISTRATIVE NETWORK SHARE, GETTING ACCESS DENIED WHEN I TRY. ... The XP machine has no problems connecting to that Vista machine via ...
  • Re: Shared Network Printer - Cant Connect From Vista Machine
    ... I'm trying to connect over my wireless network to an Epson 1410 printer that is connected via usb to an Acer netbook that came with XP Home. ... The network is set to "Private" on the Vista machine. ... I had no trouble connecting to this printer from my previous computer that was running XP Pro. ... also have you got passwords on and set for your sharing ?? ...