Re: Subject: Vista User Account Conrol - Unblock Adobe Flashplayer

Download and run the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157

or direct download:

Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller:
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe

Close all IE windows and run the Flash Player Uninstaller.

Then visit:
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

and click on "Install Now".

Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player installation for Windows
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_19166&sliceId=2

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Brew" <Brew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:D7BC0392-3144-4DA5-ADA6-E023FA92AF79@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
By mistake, I told Vista's UAC to block Adobe Flashplayer 10. Now, UAC won't
let me reinstall it.

I keep getting a message from UAC, "This program has been blocked. Your
administrator set policy to block this program - flashplayer10_install_
activeX...., Untrusted Publisher"

Anyone know how I can get Vista to allow the installation of this program?
Any help will be appreciated.

  • Re: failing to install flash player
    ... Download and run the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller: ... or direct download: ... Close all IE windows and run the Flash Player Uninstaller. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Flash Player 9.0 I have to Restart--Help!
    ... Download and run the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller: ... or direct download: ... Close all IE windows and run the Flash Player Uninstaller. ...
  • Re: I need help downloading Adobe Flash Player
    ... Download and run the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller: ... Close all IE windows and run the Flash Player Uninstaller. ... permission to install the Active X. ...
  • Re: I can not download Adobe Flash
    ... Download and run the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller: ... Close all IE windows and run the Flash Player Uninstaller. ...
  • Re: How Do I Turn On Java or Flash To Watch Googlevideo?