Re: Problems with the "Require trusted path for credential entry" setting

"rrm" <runemadsen16@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi

After reading
http://technet.microsoft.com/da-dk/magazine/cc138019(en-us).aspx, i want
to try the recommandation to use "Require trusted path for credential
entry" when evaluate to administrator. After activating this settings, i
selected windows update and chose "run as administrator",

Did you reboot? I'm not sure it is needed, but
sometimes a reboot is needed for some settings
to actually take.

then a dialog came

Could you be more vague? :o)

and I pressed ctrl+alt+del to access the "secure desktop". The screen
change to the startup screen, with the text "please wait". Then no more
happened. I left it on for a 5 - 10 min, but nothing happens. Then the
only options was to power off the computer, return to safe mode and
deactivate the settings.

  • [NEWS] Multiple Vulnerabilities with Pingtel xpressa SIP Phones
    ... remote administrative configuration of the phone's settings. ... The Pingtel xpressa SIP-based phone ships with no administrator password, ... Requiring Authentication of Incoming Calls ... Altering the Behavior of the Web Server ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: Non admin users cant do things they need to do
    ... only the administrator can. ... Could it be tht we're just missing a load of registry settings for our ... can set the time then they can fake out system event logs by changing ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: Programs that need admin rights, but user shouldnt have them
    ... Some GPO settings stick and some don't. ... >> Administrator on the computer (e.g. some of the Windows XP Firewall ... >> indicates whether a local administrator can override the setting or not. ... >>>the user to have local machine and domain local admin rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Windows Freezes at Logon after DL Windows updates
    ... the computer had shut me out starting windows ... I clicked my name Maureen Kennedy, and it would start to say it ... -2254 Service Pack 2 That screen shows administrator logon ... Userser name in my documents and settings - called ...
  • Re: SP2 has stopped me being an Administrator and upgrading
    ... This behavior may also occur if there are incorrect restriction settings on ... Log on as an administrator or follow the instructions in the Windows ... Update error message to use the Run As command with an administrator ... |>> | log into my normal account and the Administrator account with my ...