Windows Security and Newsgroups

New laptop with Vista. I'm the admin, only account. Trying to set up
newsgroups from my news server, which requires me to log on. All is set up
OK in the account screens. When I try to initially download the newsgroups
on the server, up pops a Windows security notice, asking me to log on to the
newsgroups server- "verify that both username and password are correct for
your mail server". After I enter user name and password, and click OK, the
screen keeps popping up asking for same prompt. I am giving it the correct
info, but will not accept, so can't begin to download newsgroups. Whatever
I enter will change what's in the account screen for the server setup. Tried
turning all the windows security options off that I could find, but still
can't get past the security screen. Any advice on this?

  • Re: Windows Security and Newsgroups
    ... You were given information about how to go to the account itself on WM, Outlook or whatever is being used and entering the credentials again typing over the existing credentials and doing send/recv of email or post/read on NNTP until the credentials hold. ... Now I have the same problem on my MAIL server, ... So now I can't get mail or newsgroups. ... All is set up OK in the account screens. ...
  • Re: Usenet feeds going away
    ... In the posting the name of the company is spelled in 3 different ways: ... This post takes you from not having an account, ... the same newsgroups on the news.motazarella.org server in ten easy steps. ...
    (rec.collecting.coins)
  • Re: Usenet feeds going away
    ... In the posting the name of the company is spelled in 3 different ways: ... This post takes you from not having an account, ... the same newsgroups on the news.motazarella.org server in ten easy steps. ...
    (rec.collecting.coins)
  • Newsgroups and security
    ... I'm the admin, only account. ... newsgroups from my news server, which requires me to log on. ... OK in the account screens. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Security and Newsgroups
    ... All is set up OK in the account screens. ... When I try to initially download the newsgroups on the server, up pops a Windows security notice, asking me to log on to the newsgroups server- "verify that both username and password are correct for your mail server". ... Well, if you're using Windows Mail as the newsreader, then WM won't hold that user-id and psw at times, and it won't accept the credentials with repeated prompts asking for the credentials. ...