Re: Security Center Reporting No Antu-Virus Software

I actually already uninstalled/reinstalled McAfee at least 3 times with their
McAfee Removal Tool for cleanup. But it did not help. I am running out of
patience with McAfee and I may just get something else.

Thanks.

Xiaobin

"Malke" wrote:

Xiaobin wrote:

I did right click and ran it as Administrator. I actually talked to a
McAfee support who gave me exactly the same commands you gave in your
email. Upon encountering the "Access Denied" message, he advised me to
contact Microsoft and see how i can rename that folder. That is why I
turned to this forum for help.

I would uninstall McAfee and use something better. I recommend NOD32,
Kaspersky, or even Avast if you want a free antivirus. McAfee is garbage
and has had issues with Vista from Vista's beginning. If you insist on
using McAfee, uninstall it, then run McAfee's cleanup program, and then try
installing it again.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: Word & Excel taking 10 minutes to launch
    ... Windows XP Home Edition means 32-Bit WIndows XP - thank you; ... The machine uses McAfee security centre. ... most cases - and definitely do not recommend any all-in-one suites. ... cleanup monthly - the operators are less than discriminating. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cannot Load Central.dll msg
    ... If the uninstalltion of the McAfee Product ... does not fix the Windows Cleanup utility the I would suggest a repair ... How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install ...
  • Re: about the change of antivirus program
    ... the cleanup program provided by McAfee.. ... Windows Server - Directory Services ... but i want to put avg. ...
  • Cannot Load Central.dll msg
    ... McAfee VirusScan Plus, I get the message "Cannot Load Central.dll". ... occurs when I start Disk Cleanup from the Local Disk properties screen. ...