Re: Security Center Reporting No Antu-Virus Software

Xiaobin wrote:

I did right click and ran it as Administrator. I actually talked to a
McAfee support who gave me exactly the same commands you gave in your
email. Upon encountering the "Access Denied" message, he advised me to
contact Microsoft and see how i can rename that folder. That is why I
turned to this forum for help.

I would uninstall McAfee and use something better. I recommend NOD32,
Kaspersky, or even Avast if you want a free antivirus. McAfee is garbage
and has had issues with Vista from Vista's beginning. If you insist on
using McAfee, uninstall it, then run McAfee's cleanup program, and then try
installing it again.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: GetIpAddrTable on "disconnected" network
    ... Uninstall McAfee at first, ... for the IP address of the TUN/TAP adapter, ... Cambridge Accommodation Notice Board - www.brettward.co.uk/canb ...
  • Re: McAfee or AVG
    ... >> McAfee anti virus. ... > I ended up using your combination (AVG, Zone Alarm, Spybot and AdAware) ... helped me to decide to Uninstall McAfee which I have now done and load ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: McAfee or AVG
    ... Remove it and go back in and download the free version. ... >> McAfee anti virus. ... > I ended up using your combination (AVG, Zone Alarm, Spybot and AdAware) ... helped me to decide to Uninstall McAfee which I have now done and load ...