Re: Security Center Reporting No Antu-Virus Software

I did right click and ran it as Administrator. I actually talked to a McAfee
support who gave me exactly the same commands you gave in your email. Upon
encountering the "Access Denied" message, he advised me to contact Microsoft
and see how i can rename that folder. That is why I turned to this forum for
help.

Thanks,

Xiaobin

"Malke" wrote:

Xiaobin wrote:

The method 1 says the repository is consistent.

It says "Access denied" when i tried Method 2.

I have almost the same problem. Vista Security Center would not recognize
McAfee Anti-Virus and McAfee Firewall after each reboot.

You need to run cmd elevated. Start Orb>Search box>type: cmd
When cmd appears in the Results above, right-click it and choose "Run as
administrator". Provide authentication as required. At the command prompt,
type:

net stop winmgmt [enter]
cd /d %windir%\system32\wbem [enter]
ren repository repository.old [enter]