Re: was locked oout of my laptop

DDW: <<(if we're not dealing with helping someone with a
stolen computer here)..>> ... yeah, that thought occurred to me also ...

It took me awhile but I found the reference that I remembered reading about how to recover from this but I had second thoughts about posting it ... but, assuming he is legit .... vanilla

"DDW" <ddwright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:f0fuc45co9ojo1ej8suh7t0u0g343tkh1d@xxxxxxxxxx
"GreenieLeBrun" <GreenieLeBrun@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

fusty91574 wrote:
I just received my laptop from home and someone found it funny to
change my password now i cannot access anything. I turn the power on
and it immeditely prompts me for a password in order to access the
desktop. how can i reset the password that has been changed so i can
use my laptop.

Does this password request appear before Vista starts? If this is the case
you need to find out from the manufacturer how to change the BIOS password -
the methods vary from make to make.

It sounds more like the password to access the OP's Windows account
has been changed (if we're not dealing with helping someone with a
stolen computer here)..

If the BIOS password has been set, then this might help:

http://www.tech-faq.com/reset-bios-password.shtml

DDW
No email please

  • Re: Park Quest...
    ... Having Comet has been quite a journey. ... And she really has taught me more than a few ... directly from dealing with her...or dealing with myself *around* her. ... I think I'm helping her out, when instead, she's helping me. ...
    (rec.equestrian)
  • Re: Beef Chuck help please :-(
    ... Thank all of you for helping me in a minutes notice. ... I ended up cutting the roast in half and dealing with each piece ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Flexibility of English
    ... My single most characteristic utterance when dealing with any Microsoft ... product is STOP HELPING ME! ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: Recording Guitar in Stereo on Protools
    ... with the computer and not thinking straight. ... appreciate everyone dealing with a very basic question and helping out. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)