Re: was locked oout of my laptop

"GreenieLeBrun" <GreenieLeBrun@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

fusty91574 wrote:
I just received my laptop from home and someone found it funny to
change my password now i cannot access anything. I turn the power on
and it immeditely prompts me for a password in order to access the
desktop. how can i reset the password that has been changed so i can
use my laptop.

Does this password request appear before Vista starts? If this is the case
you need to find out from the manufacturer how to change the BIOS password -
the methods vary from make to make.

It sounds more like the password to access the OP's Windows account
has been changed (if we're not dealing with helping someone with a
stolen computer here)..

If the BIOS password has been set, then this might help:

http://www.tech-faq.com/reset-bios-password.shtml

DDW
No email please

  • Re: was locked oout of my laptop
    ... GreenieLeBrun wrote: ... I turn the power on ... and it immeditely prompts me for a password in order to access the ... you need to find out from the manufacturer how to change the BIOS password - ...
  • Re: was locked oout of my laptop
    ... I turn the power on ... and it immeditely prompts me for a password in order to access the ... you need to find out from the manufacturer how to change the BIOS password - ...
  • Re: Windoze exprets?
    ... do a hard reboot (cylce the power). ... from someone who runs a non-profit that had a rogue employee that I ... Don't worry about the bios password - it is the easiest one of the bunch to ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: power on password is on
    ... Go to Compaw support wesite for info on how to reset/remove a BIOS password. ... power on password is on and ...
  • Re: Can Any Password be compromised ?
    ... Forget bios Password ...just pop battery and reinstall. ... If the attacker has physical access, ... Is it possible to power up and boot from CD? ...
    (alt.computer.security)