Re: 3rd Party Firewall

JamesJ wrote:
I probably asked this before but please indulge me again.
I recently installed an AntiVirus/AntiSpyware/Firewall software.
Windows Defender loads at startup as does this other firewall.
Is it ok to have both running? Should I disable one?

You should only have one anti-virus program and 1 firewall program running at one time.

Defender is not a firewall program.... The descrioption is:

"Scan your computer for unwanted software, schedule scans, and get the latest unwanted software definitions."

BTW, I disabled the Windows Defender service with no consequences....

Hank Arnold
Microsoft MVP
Windows Server - Directory Services