Re: IE7 - Vista - UAC - Java Snot

No, never tried it... I didn't think you could install plug-ins or programs from a user account... well... you can, but what happens is that UAC will ask for the administrators permission... interesting concept... for now on my machine... UAC is toast !

"Diblo" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:cf71ebe570611b1f6e04529ffbf6d810@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stupid question
Have you try to install the java from the user account (not admin)

The install from other programs have still some problem whit the new
UAC and user account system.

But sry for asking if you have try.

--
Diblo

  • I REALLY need help on Office 2007 Installation
    ... I have two problems with Office 2007 that may be related and center on UAC ... and the type of account being used. ... tries to install itself and then tells me I need to be an administrator). ... But if I make that account an Administrator Account Office 2007 works. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: turn off user account control
    ... You can use that account to test with, leave UAC enabled, and you will not get any UAC prompts, because it's already escalated to full-admin-rights. ... However, in communications with another developer about making registry changes during software installation on Vista, he told me that with UAC enabled using the non-super-admin account for administration, the install was successful with UAC escalated privileges. ...
  • mouse problem
    ... I found that the problem with my 2010 word and win7 is depend on thinkpad client security software and after I install office 2007 patch of this software my problem is solved. ... Windows 7, Vista, and XP but I have not found an acceptable solution to this ... It seems related to some kind of UAC ... by the UAC prompt every time you start Word generates an error of, ...
  • Re: Seriously, now that I got Linux LiveCD running, what can I do with it? Newbie questions
    ... create a 'documents' folder automatically if you install it to your ... as opposed to in Windows. ... will, upon creating a new user account, automatically create a user ... In most distributions, yes. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Advanced Client install nightmare
    ... I can successfully install manually using the SMS account. ... MS Client Configuration Manager cannot install the Advanced Client to ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)