RE: add-ons disabled

Do a quick System Restore to yesterday before the prob started.
Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore

And if you are running Norton, disable it before doing a System Restore
--
Mick Murphy - Qld (Sunshine State) - Australia

"Christopher" wrote:

For no reason that is apparent to me, IE7 now opens with the message
"Internet Explorer is currently running with add-ons disabled".

When I open IE7 using favorites, it opens normally but when it opens having
used a link from an email [windows mail] I get the error message.

When IE7 opens with the message, the Tools / Manage add-ons option is
greyed out.

My operating system is Vista Business and is completely up to date. This
problem has only started happening today.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  • RE: System Restore & IE corrupt
    ... "Turn off System Restore on all drives". ... icon my desktop flickers but IE never opens. ... eventvwr.msc click you will get the Event viewer control Panel. ... Look in the right Pane/window for error message with red or Yellow ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: System restore wont run
    ... I ask this question not because I think you may have malware but because some programmes have adopted protection measures, which interfere with using System Restore to an earlier date. ... An error message popped up saying Internet Explorer has encountered a ... Now system restore only opens a skeleton of the usual window ... Hopefully all of these things correlate and one of you wizards will ...
  • System restore wont run
    ... An error message popped up saying Internet Explorer has encountered a ... Now system restore only opens a skeleton of the usual window ... I checked to be sure the System Restore service is running, ... Hopefully all of these things correlate and one of you wizards will ...
  • Complete corruption of all files
    ... open any file because the error message was that Windows could not open the ... It opens of course but I cannot read it. ... System Restore to work as I don't know what caused the problem and maybe it ...
  • Re: Office documents opening very slowly
    ... > Office documents are opening very slowly (1-2 ... > then open the document using the File -> Open menu the document opens ... software/hardware installs? ... (remember - system restore is made for the system files, ...